Friday, November 10, 2006

Theresa May? Come on!












Does anybody know what on earth was going through the heads of the Fawcett Society when they decided to recruit Conservative MP Theresa May to speak at their Inspiring Women event? I can't think of anything less inspiring or less feminist than listening to the women responsible for the Tory's highly offensive 'Shoes, Shopping and Politics event'. And paying for the privilege to have my inteligence insulted! The event also clashes with Abortion Right's Pro-choice National Lobby, which I would suggest everyone should attend instead. Perhaps I'll write to the Fawcett Society and tell them what I think. Do other people find this a little beyond the pale?

2 comments:

L said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
L said...

Certainly a bizarre choice - OK, so she's a woman that's done well in politics, but the Tories are undeniably anti-feminist. In fact, female tories offend me more than male ones, because they give credence to the tory view of women - she thinks it's right so maybe they've got a point. No, no they haven't, they don't give a crap about anyone other than rich white men. And I hadn't heard of the shoes, shopping and politics thing - how offensive and embarrassing.